Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 3rd of July




I've often thought that time takes on a unique characteristic here in northern Utah. It seems like Logan is caught back in time...20 years ago or so. I wonder if this time disturbance is the cause of the annual Fourth of July Fireworks being held on that most auspicious of holidays, the Third of July. Or maybe it's to honor a certain Port Townsend Birthday Girl! (Happy Birthday!)

We were out and about this morning, and people had blankets and lawn chairs set up all over the north end of town. They leave their belongings there until the firework show starts, and amazingly, no one takes, moves, disturbs, or otherwise messes with other's stuff! It is actually quite refreshing, and again plays to that theme of a time gone by here in Logan.

Rick, Liam and I are venturing forth the the stadium for the show - my first time ever! We usually watch from our home, but this year we will celebrate with a sea of humanity. Kimmie and Jordan have opted for a at-home tribute, most likely involving a gaming system of one sort or another.


1 comment:

  1. there must be a universal law around the leaving of chairs, blankets, stuff in prep for a parade or other holiday activity. it happens every year here for the pet and rhody parade, believe it or not they leave stuff out the night before.

    I realize, I've mostly seen pics in your blog. I like this glimpse of your writing style. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete