Being at WDW always brings up memories of trips past. I saw a little kid "dancing" in his car (stroller) - just the and moves - and was instantly transported back to Mr. Sha freely dancing in front of the Morocco Pavilion. I see the young kids so excited, and remember our boys, racing to get to Goofy's Barn Stormer again and again! I see the older kids so cool, and see our boys, going on Space Mountain with their sunglasses on, cool as could be, riding it time and time and time again. I see the families dining. On the trams. I see the kids with the parents and wonder how they interact. Then I look at their parents and wonder if they look at me, hoping that when their kids are the age of Mr. Sha that they will still be travelling with them, enjoying their company as we do. Well, as we do most of the time. We are human, after all. All I know is that I treasure each opportunity to be with my family, and miss those who are not here. It still seems so strange to not have Joid and Stuc not with us.
Today were super excited to check out the new Star Tours! I don't want to spoil it - but let's say, it's better than the trip to the moons that we experienced before. Here's Mr. Sha modeling the stylish 3D eyewear:
We ate at one of our favorite spots, 50's Prime Time Cafe. It wasn't too crowded, so Mr. Sha and I had a chance to relax in the mid-century themed living room:
After lunch, there was time for pin shopping (of course - another favorite memory of mine!) and the boys are seen seriously studying the offerings:
We saw the show Beauty & the Beast, in part to spare Joid the torture on the next trip. Math Man, Mr. Sha and I appreciate the detailing that goes into the costumes, although the show is rather condensed (Belle goes suddenly from the village to being held captive by the Beast with no explanation!). Disney really does a great job on the costumes:
We ended the day with a trip to Epcot and more memories...mainly the memory of me making a major mistake on the schedule (tomorrow has extra magic hours at Epcot, not tonight), getting stuck inside Test Tract "due to inclement weather," and a memory that brings back many other memories...my cold returning to my chest. So many trips where one or more of us has been sick! Soldier on we must! Drug up we must! No time for the weak, this is vacation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

did you go to "endon"?
ReplyDeleteNo ... you are supposed to go on a trip, but you end up somewhere else.
ReplyDelete